If you haven’t looked to AdSense as a cash earner for your websites, you might be missing out on an additional earnings stream which could be making your company or website some incredible money… especially if you have a big content site with high traffic already.
Not only are webmasters making additional money from AdSense with their current sites, numerous are in fact building websites created to optimize their AdSense profits, and they are making huge amounts of earnings by doing this.
Like any kind of internet site, there is a reasonable quantity of work associateded with setting up an AdSense site however more importantly there are quite a few idea and techniques … or should I state keys that should be known which will guarantee that Google AdSense pays you the maximum quantity of money on a month-to-month basis.
Check out some of these fundamentals to get started off on the right foot:
The larger the internet sites the better off you are. Any internet site with a lot of pages will receive a huge amount of hits from the search engines versus those of a much smaller site. That doesn’t mean that your newly created small site won’t benefit but you will need to get traffic to maximize profits.
There are multiple methods for this that we will cover in other articles but for now…
It should suffice to say that doing the SEO techniques around link building and tailoring articles around keywords will increase your ranking on Google searches. Higher you are, the more people will visit, so shoot for that first page of Google as your primary goal.
Free content is a wonderful way to go when developing a website … information, books, software and so on to help drive traffic. Check out Fiverr.com if you don’t know where to start. You can buy a pretty decent eBook to give away for 5 bucks (make sure they have good ratings – buyer beware).
A couple of incoming links from blog posts on high PR sites in your niche (especially sites who use CommentLUV… (http://www.commentluv.com/ – basic version is FREE) as an example – check out the plugin) will increase rankings as well, hence generating even more cash every month.
Now for a few other secrets (SHHHH!!!)…
- Place AdSense on 90 % of your pages.
- Vary the sort of AdSense Advertisements on your pages. Google offers several different options for ads that you can place on your pages and in your reports.
- Place a minimum of one AdSense ad above the fold on your pages.
- Experiment with photos above each AdSense ad.
- Experiment with the advertisements blending into the page and sticking out.
- Ad testing has actually revealed that the large rectangular AdSense ads get the most clicks.
- According to Google – If positioned well, wide ad sizes can increase your earnings significantly. The sizes found to be the most effective are the 336×280 Large Rectangle, the 300×250 Medium Rectangle, the 728×90 Leaderboard, and the 160×600 Wide Skyscraper. Keep in mind that while these ad sizes typically perform well, you should use the size that best complements your pages.
- Do your research on the most profitable keywords for your sites topic, if constructing a site from scratch and build around those keywords (Google Keyword Tool is your friend.. I use it a lot as well as LongTail Pro Keyword Tool).
Above I have just noted a few of the suggestions and keys on AdSense. There are many good books and videos currently online that will assist in enhancing your AdSense earnings substantially if you seek them out (some of which you can find in the sidebar) in making AdSense an additional of your full-time income streams.
The final thing I would also advise is AdSense tracking software. I use software constantly and it has actually quickly increased my AdSense income within the last six months alone.
Just like any business or income proposal, see to it that you do your research, as this will make ensure the very best possible profits for your internet sites and online businesses.
Also NOTE: Adsense is NOT the only game in town as far as online ad revenue (checkout this list compiled by http://www.ChronicleWriting.com in the related articles below).
Here is a compiled list of publishing alternatives with a very similar method of contextual advertising on your blog or website.
- Kontera.com–text link advertising based on site content; I use it on this blog as well.
- eleavers.com—similar structure to AdSense but much more lenient and easier to hit the payout, requires only $10 instead of $100 in your account to be paid
- Breeze Ads –another advertising network along the same lines as eleavers
- Chitika–highly rated advertising program with an easy sign-up process
- Bidvertisor–another well-known advertising program; be sure to read the guidelines, specifically the part about sites under construction
- Money 4 Banners–this one simply pays you a small amount per month to keep their banners on 3 pages of your site. I plan to give this one a try for my new photography niche site. It pays in UK currency, but from what I can see they accept publishers from other countries.
- Clicksor–the payout threshold for this one is a bit higher–$50–but it’s worth checking out all the same.
- Infolinks–a well-established and reputable text-link ad platform, and it has tools to help you seamlessly integrate ads into your site or blog.
- Intellilinks–option that allows advertisers to purchase ad space on your site; it also has no minimum pay-out from one month to the next.
- ClickBank–not a contextual ad platform, but I’m including it as the best affiliate text link program I have worked with so far.